Hey everyone! This is a different post that I am not used to writing, but it’s a special one indeed. I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by Valerie from Simple Tips Blog. She’s a really great fellow college and lifestyle blogger that hopes to help her reviewers stay organized and work effectively. If you want to check her out blog, click the link here.
For those who don’t want to award is, it’s an award given out to new bloggers that are trying to gain popularity. Here are the rules that you must follow
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you think you deserve this award
- Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are the questions Valerie gave to me to answer for you all:
1. How long did you consider starting a blog before you decided to go through with it?
I actually started my first blog back in high school in 2014, but it was a total flop and I had no idea of what I was doing. So I eventually deleted that website, and I rethought my plan of growing a successful blog. So the answer to this question is about 2 years before I started Uniquely Mickie.
2. What was the most recent show you binge-watched?
The show that I am currently binge-watching is CSI: Miami! I am totally obsessed with it and it’s a great show to watch while I write future blog posts.
3. What’s one thing you could never live without?
I couldn’t live without my computer. It’s the life of my business and any of my future businesses.
4. Favorite article of clothing you own?
I bought this University of South Carolina College of Pharmacy sweatshirt and it’s the most comfiest sweatshirt ever. It’s pretty big on me, but it’s perfect for those late night study sessions.
5. Least favorite food?
I really dislike pasta. I don’t know if it’s the sliminess of the noodles or what, but I am not a fan.
6. Song that describes you best?
I think the song that best describes me at the moment is Snooze by Johnny Yukon.
7. Favorite nail polish color?
Honestly my favorite color for my nails are white or a peachy pink color. I think those colors really make tan skin pop against the contrast.
8. Biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome?
The biggest challenge I’ve had to overcome is the fear of failing. Sometimes I was so worried about what others would think or the possibility of failing that I wouldn’t shot my shoot and take a chance. I love to win and be the perfect student, but I had to realize that that wasn’t the lifestyle for me.
9. Best piece of advice you’d give someone?
Go for your dreams no matter what anyone says and don’t take no for an answer. Just because a company doesn’t want to work with you or you don’t get your dream job on the first time, keep striving for what you want. Eventually your light will soon shine so bright that nobody will be able to ignore you!
10. Do you have pets?
No I don’t anymore, but I did all through middle school and high school. His name was Snowball and I had to give him away once I arrived at college. He needed a lot more attention than I or my family could give him. I want to get a bigger dog in the future!
11. Favorite blog article you’ve written?
My favorite article has to be “How to Start a Profitable Blog” because I really went in detail on the process of how I started my blog and it seems to be really useful for those who read it.
Thanks again for nominating me, but now it’s my turn! I’d like to nominate the following people to receive the Liebster Ward:
Zaria from A Dose of Fab
Bronx from Simply 20 Seconds
Christine from the Adventures of Stine
Alix from A Pint-Sized Life
Chantal from Growing Girls with Curls
I recently found all of your blogs, and you guys are doing amazing! Keep it going and share the love. Here are your questions!
1. What is your favorite activity to do outside of the blogging world?
2. If you could go anywhere for a day, where would you go?
3. What is the best piece of advice you would give your younger self?
4. What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
5. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would you eat?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. What was your biggest inspiration to start a blog?
8. How long did you wait to tell your friends and family about your blog?
9. What is the most extreme thing you’ve ever done?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. Favorite snack that you have to have?
Thank you again for nominating me for this Liebster Award and congrats to the people that the award is passed on to. If you enjoyed this post, then give this post a share and leave a comment below!