This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click through the link and make a purchase, Uniquely Mickie will receive a small commission.
Welcome my fellow bloggers or curious cats, this is my second income report for my little slice of the internet. I started this blog in the hopes to help fellow millennials, embrace my love of writing, and to make a livable income from my blog. Not to sound corny, but I’ve been thinking of starting a blog for over a year now. The thing that was stopping me from pursing my dream was me. I started doing these monthly reports to help my viewers and I see the growth and progression of my blog over time. One day, I hope I can make a 6-figure income from writing about the topics that I love. So without further ado, let’s get this show on the road….
If you’re not a fellow blogger, then these might come off as quite strange. But let me explain why I want to start doing these reports for you all.
- Growth Tracking- These reports will allow me to see my growth in traffic and income over time. Most other bloggers only start posting these reports once they start making money, but everyone has to start from the bottom before they reach the top. I hope that these reports help inspire other bloggers that you can eventually make money through blogging
- Transparency- There are a ton of ways to make money through blogging, some that are honest and some that aren’t. I want to be totally honest in how I make money, where I get the money from, and that this blog is legit. No funny business here, I promise!
What I Did This Month
Concerning blog posts, I wrote 8 in total for the month of July. While I focused on making great content, I have also been working on my social media platforms, creating my first e-book, and setting up sponsored content.
I’ve mainly been focusing on Instagram (follow me here!) and Twitter (follow me here!) because it’s fun to come up with quick messages and take stunning photos. At the end of the month, I learned the value of promotion and having people or pages shout you out on their platforms. It really helps to gain followers and to get more eyes on your content. Alas, hashtags and retweets are what really work for Twitter, but I am still learning about those approaches to that platform.
This month, I also created my first e-book titled the 10 Step Guide to Getting Into Pharmacy School, which like the title suggests is a how-to guide for any college students or pharmacy technicians looking to get into pharmacy school. I teach you step-by-step of how I did it, even if you are a minority. It’s roughly 30 pages, and I have to say that I am extremely proud of my book. If you would like to support the e-book or take a look at it, then click here.
Next month, I hope to still focus on Instagram and my original content, but start to introduce sponsored posts and those kinds of opportunities.July 2017 Income & Traffic Report is now Live! See how I make an income from blogging... Click To Tweet
July Social Media Report
This month, I tried to focus most of my attention to Instagram and Pinterest to increase my engagement and the visibility of my posts. It really has helped me by being more active and engaging with fellow bloggers and my viewers. I’m still working on the whole Instagram theme idea, but when I get the hang of it, then I’ll make a full in-depth blog post on how to create an Instagram theme.
Instagram: 727 –> 946 Goal for Last Month: 750 Pass! Goal for Next Month: 1,500
Facebook: 191 –> 198 Goal for Last Month: 300 Fail! Goal for Next Month: 200
Pinterest: 226 –> 274 Goal for Last Month: 300 Fail! Goal for Next Month: 300
Twitter: 95 –> 119 Goal for Last Month: 150 Fail! Goal for Next Month: 125
July Income & Traffic Report
This is my second full month that my blog has been live, and I can definitely say I have almost tripled the amount of pageviews for the month of July. I even doubled the amount of unique visitors that I had as well from 956 to 3989. Another great part of July is that I did end up having a small income! Whoop, whoop for small changes because everyone has to start somewhere.
- My First E-Book: $10.59 (purchase it here)
- Media.net: $2.44 (but I can’t get paid until I reach the $100 minimum payout requirement)
- Style Collective: $0.55 (but I can’t get paid until I reach the $100 minimum payout requirement)
Total Income: $13.58
Here is the traffic screenshot for the month of July!
July’s Most Popular Posts:
- The Ultimate List of Discounts for College Students Pageviews: 1,008
- How to Have A Successful First Move-in Day: A Survivor’s Guide Pageviews: 583
- The Hidden Secrets of Selling on Poshmark Pageviews: 494
- 15 Savvy Ways to Save Money in College Without Cutting the College Experience Pageviews: 470
Based off of my pageviews and popular posts for the month of July, I definitely saw an increase in activity on topics related to money and side hustles. Since I love saving money and learning how to make an income from various sources, I definitely will continue incorporating these topics into my blog.
Want to Start Your Own Blog?
If you answered “yes”, then you totally should! It’s really not that hard to do, and it’s totally changed my life for the better. Let blogging do the same for you. I created an entire guide on my blog where I teach you step-by-step on how you can start your own blog, in less than 30 minutes! I promise it’s really simply, you just have to take that leap of faith to go for it! Click here to learn how.